Search This Blog

Monday, July 21, 2014

How to - ombre nail art!



Hi guys hope you're doing well. It's been raining here in Croatia so since I can't go to the beach I might as well wrote a blog post and show you guys how to do an ombre nail art.



Ombre is been quite popular for a while and not only in the nail art world. Unfortunately I don't know who started it, if you do please let me know in the comments. 
It's one of the easiest and quickest way to have a gorgeous nails :)
The only things you'll need are nail polishes and a make-up sponge.


First I painted my nails white. This step is optional but I think it's better to do it just because if you have a shearer polishes they'll stand out more when layered over white and you will need just one sponged coat. I've used 2 coats of O.P.I Alpine Snow.



Then take the polishes you want to use and put them on the make-up sponge like so...


Then take a make up sponge and dab the colors onto the nails. It's simple like that.
The polishes I've used are (from top to bottom) O.P.I - Vant to bite my neck? , O.P.I - A grape fit!, Essie - hide & go chic and Gothic Gala Lacquers - Crush.

 The only thing that will require some more time is the cleaning up. 

this is how it looks after I dabbed with the sponge

If you want to avoid the mess you can just take a scotch tape and place it on the cuticles like so....



Finish the design with your favorite top coat (at the moment I use Seche Vite) and that's it :)



I hope this tutorial helped you and if you decide to try it please show me the pictures :*
  
Till the next time xoxo

Ps don't forget to follow me on
Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. ni ovak manikir nisam radila, od pomisli da ubrljam zanoktice odmah odustajem!i ako ima skoc traka, zastita,,
    a stvrano je lepo,!svaka ti cast !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala ti puno... meni se ful sviđa ovaj tip manikure ali ju ne radim često upravo zbog tog čišćenja zanoktica :/

      Delete