Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2014

Northern Star Polish summer 2014 collection

Hi guys =) how are you today? I'm so happy for todays post =)))
I'm gonna introduce you to one new (for me) US Indie polish brand called Northern Star Polish.

This is a 5 - free independent nail polish brand created and hand mixed by lovely Kristen.
Shop has been opened since 2012 and she ships worldwide even free for all orders over 50$ =)

Like I said this is the new for me brand and now since I've swatch it I can say that it has one of the best formulas I have ever try, both from indie and mainstream brands. And I'm being 100% honest saying this.

I have 2 colors from her new summer collection 1 from spring 2014 and one cuticle oil to show you today =)

First of all I want to mention the packaging because at least for me the first impression is really important. I received the products in a cute little box that was so nicely filled =) It was all well protected and wrapped with green paper.
The thing I want to mention are the boxes in which every polish was separately packed. And on every box are the ingredients, name, and a little thank you note <3 I never received or bought a polish in the box so this was so cute for me and must say great idea. So good job Kristen :D






First color I'm gonna show you is called ORCHIDS IN BLOOM - this is a shimmery lilac jelly base filled with pink, fuchsia and purple glitters in different shapes and sizes.
Being a jelly it's not completely opaque in 2 coats but it looks really nice. If you add another coat  it build up nicely and receive a full opacity. The formula is great and I absolutely love the color , it's really special and unique.

2 coats



you can also layer it over some other color 



3 coats


with white orchid 




BURNING EMBERS is a red holographic polish with the darker flakie glitters to add that extra sparkle and extra touch =) The formula is amazing opaque in 1 coat!! Dries fast and stay for long time. It looks amazing when the sun (light) hits it <3
The photos are without top coat





SPARKLING SEAWEED - is a jade green holographic polish with light blue shimmer. The formula is amazing,  opaque in 1 coat but I did 2 coats for the photos just to see the difference (it's very small ). I really love this color and how it compliments my skin tone <3









 And last but not the least is the Twisted poppy scented cuticle oil . Its packed in a 10 ml bottle with roll-on which makes application so simple and easy. This particular one has a gentle fragrance that reminds me of cinnamon =)) Its really moisturizing and leaves cuticles nice and smooth. You can find a lot of different fragrances on Northern Star Polish Etsy page and also other than with roll-on there are the ones with the brush.



So what do you think? I love all the polishes as well as the oil, I think they're amazing and have the best formula. This would be the indie brand that I would recommend  to anyone.


What is your favorite?  Let me know in the comments below :*


till the next time xoxo 

  



4 comments: