Search This Blog

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Collaboration and tutorial

Hi guys, few weeks ago my friend Monica suggested me a collaboration. Without even thinking I said YES!!
The idea of doing a collaboration with such a great nail artist like Monica was so exiting but also challenging. We didn't have to think too much to select a theme ..
We both agree that it have to be CHERRY BLOSSOM =). The perfect design for beginning of spring.

So these are our finished manicure =) As you can see they are very much different. I based my design more on the branches with little flowers while Monica has focused more on the beautiful cherry flowers =)

 To see Monica's other great designs check her fb page Moni's Mani and to read her post about our collaboration you can check her blog : http://monismani.wordpress.com/

Now it's time to show you how I did it :

1. I painted my nails base color, I used essie -Blanc ( you can use any white polish you have)



2. I put a light blue polish on the make-up sponge, that I dabbed into my nail to create an ombre effect ... you can use any kind of sponge you have, or if you don't own them, they really cheep..



With this light blue- white ombre I tried to create something that looks like the sky in the background ...

3. I added some branches with black nail striper

 

4. With dotting tool I added two shades of pink dots that represents  flowers



5. I added some smaller black dots inside of the flowers, added top coat and that was it =)




I'm so happy that I did this collaboration and although this was the first one for me I'm sure it won't be the last ;)
I hope you liked this as much as I did and that the tutorial was helpful for you..
If you ever try any of my designs please send me your photos  because I would love to see them <3

Till the next post xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment